Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Social inSecurity

My youngest daughter who will be turning 30 in a few weeks received a letter from the Social Security Administration informing her that they project she will receive $1, 700+ in forty years. Now, I don’t know how many young people really believe they will actually see a check from Social Security.

Hell, I don’t know if I will continue seeing a check in the unforeseeable future. I may be reduced to hunting dogs and cats and an occasional rat.

Anyhow, here’s my advice for young people. You better get your spending under control and start saving for old age. Don’t kid yourselves; you will grow old. Ask yourself, “Do I really need (fill in the bank)?” We live in an age of instant gratification where everyone is vying for your money.

A few years ago there was a bumper sticker that stated, “He who dies with the most toys wins.” That was one stupid statement; yet, many bought into this piece of bull caca. Hell, dead is dead, toys or no toys.

Saving for your old age may not be as sexy as the latest iphone but neither is having to eat rats or dogs or cats.

MADD MEXX

No comments:

Post a Comment