Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Die while you’re still tasty

I was with my number one liberal democrat buddy and somehow our conversation steered towards animal lovers and how they had successfully gotten the city of Fort Worth to close down the horse slaughter plants. He commented that it was too expensive for horse owners to kill their horses and bury them and selling them wasn’t much better. What’s a horse owner to do if he can no longer afford the feed? Turn them loose and let the city take them. He further commented that animal lovers always talk about how much they hate to see animals suffer.

I then questioned whether they ate hamburgers, chicken or bacon. His response was that the majority was vegetarian. I thought, “Well, they are missing zinc and other nutrients that a vegetarian diet may be lacking and how they may be headed to an early death.”

To which my buddy’s reply was, “Yes, die while you’re still tasty.”

No comments:

Post a Comment