Saturday, February 4, 2012

Best Movie Ever


I used to watch “The Magnificent Seven” so often that daughter number one gave me a VCR copy for Father’s Day one year.

I must have seen that movie at least thirty times before it dawned on me that ultimately this was a movie about redemption.

These were men who hired their guns out to whomever could pay for their services. In the end they did what we Americans do best: protect the underdog. Most of the gunmen died fighting and two of the remaining three rode off, leaving us to wonder whatever was to become of them.

The farmers knew they couldn’t depend on the government to protect them so they took it upon themselves to rectify their situation. In the end, they had to get into the fight themselves if they wanted to be free. The farmers redeemed themselves by fighting with everything they could lay their hands on.

The sequels were a dud and never up to the original. I own many action movies but in my estimation none are equal to “The Magnificent Seven”.

MADD MEXX

No comments:

Post a Comment