Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Trinity



Let’s see: first there was the Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Then there were “The Three Musketeers”. Much later there were “The Three Stooges” and “The Three Amigos”.

Seems like the world thrives on threes.

This got me to thinking, “What are my threes?”

I came up with this list. Number one would be my leftist friend Bob. Were it not for him, I may have missed out on college. Granted, I didn’t graduate because life got in the way. I guess he is also responsible for me meeting my wife.

Which will be my number two. After 40 years of fussing, all I can say is, hopefully I’ve left a good example to my daughters. Kind of reminds me of the song “I Never Promised You a Rose Garden”. My wife has been the rose and I admit, I’ve been the thorn in her life.

I like to tell my Christian brother in law that if there is a heaven, I’m going  to get there hanging on to my wife’s skirt.

Finally, my third would be my sister Mary who has always been my most reliable sibling. Through the highs and lows of my life she has always been there for me. I must buck up and now be there for her.

Do you have your three?

MADD MEXX

No comments:

Post a Comment