Saturday, March 3, 2012

Reality TV

I don’t much care about reality TV. Mostly it’s about greedy people trying to get over on other people or people acting like idiots. However, I happened on “Shark Tank” a few weeks ago and have been looking forward to Friday nights since then.

Four lucky individuals get a chance to go before four really rich guys and one rich woman and pitch their need for capital. One of the rich dudes is Mark Cuban of the Dallas Mavericks. Some people choke up and leave empty handed but a few get their opportunity to make their dreams a reality.

I really get into the drama that sometimes I yell “Take it, take it” at the TV to some deal the sharks are proposing. Other times I tell my wife, “He’s not going to get it”.

America is still the greatest place to live. Dreams can become a reality if one puts forth the effort. Be sure and catch the “Shark Tank”.

Another reality show I’ve liked is “The Colony”. This one deals with an apocalyptic event in which a group of people are thrown together and must learn to work together after a catastrophe.

It’s a ten week experiment in which they must start from scratch to rebuild a community. It is interesting to see American ingenuity go to work to solve all kinds of problems. It makes me proud of being an American.

Since this program was originally on cable, I saw it on Netflix

MADD MEXX

No comments:

Post a Comment